Remus Lupin: the werewolf who tolerated the company of books and his wild friends far more than he could ever tolerate himself, with a weakness for chocolate, libraries, long walks outside and smoking things with strange smells. Oh, and also for a slightly mad runaway punk with long hair.
"The Good Witches": Photographed by Eleanor Hardwick for Rookie Mag
- 1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
- 2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
- 3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
- 4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
- 5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
- 6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
- 7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
- 8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
- 9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
- 10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
- by Kate Bailey
feet first into the unknown. why should I have expected anything less than fearlessness from you?
I feel like this is such a cute question, but no, that’s not why. It’s a little complicated I guess but in an attempt to be concise:
- I find it very overwhelming which is unpleasant (Asperger’s Syndrome runs through my family, and part of AS is being very sensitive to a lot of different things. I don’t think any of us like kissing really!)
- I was pretty badly depressed for most of my teenage life, I really only started to get better once I was nearly 20, and depression only worsened my sensitivity to everything -including kissing, so it was was so much harder to handle than usual.
I actually haven’t kissed anyone since I’ve been recovering, I guess I’m a little scared and avoid it because I haven’t enjoyed it in the past. I don’t think I’ll ever really like kissing on the mouth very much but I don’t really mind. Other people mind, I’ve seriously offended people who I liked before because they thought I didn’t like them kissing me…!! It was never personal but I didn’t understand the whole sensitivity thing about myself until really recently, so I couldn’t explain it to them. I also didn’t understand why kissing is such a ~big deal~ to get upset over. It’s really kind of funny to look back on now!
Sorry I’m so bad at being concise but there you have it.